Want to learn more?

Weaving Spirituality Where Women Gather

Monday, December 22, 2014

Solstice


 
 
on December twenty-third

the weatherman said

we've passed the winter solstice

today we gain

one minute of daylight

 

just one minute of daylight

I thought

what can I do with a minute of light?

 

hug my husband

share a kiss

say a prayer

pay a bill

 

standing at my kitchen window

watch snowflakes big as daisies fall

while robins forage

in the holly bushes

 

savor chocolate

steep a cup of tea

peel a clementine

breathe its sunny scent

 

or sit

eyes closed

hands open

breathe slowly, deeply

find my place

feeling life move through

a minute of light

and me

 

                                                                                    E.B.G.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment